Wednesday, April 14, 2010

86. Send a birthday card to every member of my immediate family for a year (5/11)

My mother-in-law's birthday was coming up and I had a problem.. you see she just doesn't get my sense of humour, and I have a house full of silly, sarcastic, pop culture reference birthday cards SO instead of causing an international incident (teehehe) by sending a card that makes me giggle uncontrollably but creates a response of confusion on the other side of the world, I headed to Hallmark to search out a birthday card that was a little more traditional in nature... Well I managed to find this beautiful card that not only fits the anti-sarcastic bill but is also covered in bees!!
Isn't it super pretty?? And its not overly soppy and lovey dovey which always feels that little bit tongue in cheek to me as I'm really not a gushy type person... It was the perfect balance of traditional and unique
Now hopefully she forgives us for sending it a little late... but its the thought that counts right?!?! I swear we where thinking of you Doris and we meant to send the card WEEKS before we did, but sometimes with our schedules, the hardest thing about birthday cards is actually managing to get to the post office to buy a stamp!! Next time I go, I think I'm going to have to buy a whole roll!!

No comments:

Post a Comment