Thursday, April 1, 2010

49. My two words of the week


Mondays
 As in what do you mean the weekend is already over and I have to go back to work again tomorrow for another 45+ hours sitting in front of a desk writing reports and responding to emails?!?! Already?!?! It’s just simply not fair!!

One of my favourite ‘Monday’ quotes is ‘looks like someone has a bad case of the Mondays’… love Office Space and since I’ve been suffering, rather surprisingly, from the Monday Blues the last few weeks it seems a pertinent word for the week... It’s amazing how much I complained about not working when I wasn’t and how much all I really desperately wanted was a job and now that I have one (and have been working for 3ish months) all I want to do is go back to being a house wife for a couple of weeks… teehehe grass is always greener… ;) I think that part time work, say Tues-Thurs would suit me just perfectly!

Despondent
'feeling or showing profound hopelessness, dejection, discouragement, or gloom' 

I always feel a little down and blue until my lunch time walk on Monday when I head out into the fresh air and sunshine, crank up some thumping, mood lifting tunes and hit the downtown pavement in my high heels for a half hour power stroll… usually it hits the spot really well and sets me up with a positive mental outlook, ready to face whatever the rest of the week has to throw at me.. teehehe moral of this story ?? I guess don’t call me, or book a meeting with me on a Monday morning!!

No comments:

Post a Comment