I've spent the last week in Midland, Texas -which has got to be the closest thing to an official oil town that I've ever seen! The area is basically the birthplace of oil in Texas (Discovered in the Permian Basin in 1923) and there is literally no other industry here except for those companies that support petroleum production!! Anywho its been a very informative and educational week, both in regard to learning the drilling and completions process of oil wells as well as more of a cultural education on what Texans are truly like - it involves pickup trucks, mexican food, sweet tea, dr pepper and country music y'all!!
Out and about on HP281 - Drilling ahead!
Location of the Rig - Winkler County, Texas
Im really enjoying my time with Drilling and Completions and have my fingers crossed it turns into something more permanent.. something I can really get my teeth into... And its wonderful to finally get some insight into Pauls industry and the type of work he does (after all I deal with Drill Site Managers now on a daily basis!) tell you what though... Paul better watch out... I'm getting uesd to all these super sweet, amazingly well mannered Texan Boys :D

No comments:
Post a Comment