Ok well I admit that at this point I still most definitely cannot tick this task of my list and probably wont be able to for quite a while yet however I'm happy to report that this weekend I did move one step closer to fulfilling my life long ambition of taking my love of photography to the next level with the purchase or rather order of an SLR digital camera!!
After getting the go ahead from Paul through the use of an IOU one birthday present note I started my research - who knew there where so many different camera out there?!?!? I was torn for quite a while between Canon and Nikon but after much soul searching and honest personal contemplation as to why I actually wanted a SLR and of course continual reference to a photography terminology guide I am now the very happy owner of a Nikon D90 http://www.nikonusa.com/Find-Your-Nikon/Product/Digital-SLR/25446/D90.html
My very soon to be most favourite toy - the Nikon D90
What made me decide on the Nikon D90 in the end? Well its a prosumer level camera meaning it straddles the divide between a professional and a consumer camera giving it additional professional features, better lenses and more control over exposures than a consumer camera without the professional price tag (after all lets face it, yes I would love a Nikon D700 but would it really be worth the $2700 price tag?? And thats before you even start thinking about lenses!!). So in the end it means the D90 is going to keep me happier for longer and will allow me to 'grow into it' rather than having to upgrade once I find my feet.
Best bit of all was that I got an awesome deal for it via Amazon... hey who doesn't love Amazon?? Free 2 day shipping, no sales tax and fantastic every day deals!! The hardest thing now is going to be not opening that little Amazon box that will soon be calling my name so temptingly until Paul gets home from his rig float (no fair *pout* but I guess it was part of the terms and conditions of the IOU.. thats right my birthday gifts come with terms and conditions LOL)
So I guess the next step will be signing up to a course with the Houston Community College or Leisure Learning Unlimited so I can figure out what all these cool buttons actually do and take advantage of my new baby.... bring on the squirrel photos!!!

No comments:
Post a Comment