Wednesday, June 9, 2010

49. My two words of the month

Things right now are changing.. and changing fast.. I feel like Paul and I are a a kind of crossroads in our lives right now with all of the significant decisions and outcomes that are soon to be... or not be... and I feel a real urgency, a real need for these outcomes to become reality, whether good or bad so we can stop living in limbo... and therefore, I guess,  my two new words reflect this feeling of helpless urgency...


ad·ver·si·ty

  [ad-vur-si-tee]
–noun, plural -ties for 2.
1.
adverse fortune or fate; a condition marked by misfortune,calamity, or distress: A friend will show his or her truecolors in times of adversity.
2.
an adverse or unfortunate event or circumstance: You willmeet many adversities in life.


AND






ex·i·gen·cy

  [ek-si-juhn-see, ig-zij-uhn-]
–noun, plural -cies.
1.
exigent state or character; urgency.
2.
Usually, exigencies. the need, demand, or requirementintrinsic to a circumstance, condition, etc.: the exigencies ofcity life.
3.
a case or situation that demands prompt action or remedy;emergency: He promised help in any exigency.

No comments:

Post a Comment