Friday, May 7, 2010

49. My two words of the week

Boy, I'm getting slack with my words of the week aren't I?? Seems like I'm always posting at the end of the week - perhaps two words a week is a little too ambitious?? Ahh who am I kidding?? I know its overly ambitious.. after all I hardly my words of the week out and about in my daily travels.. maybe its time to admit defeat and make it two or four words a month?? Would that be a little easier to commit too?? I dunno.... but here are my two new words...


vamoose

  \va-MOOS\ , verb;

1.
To leave hurriedly or quickly; decamp.

2.
To leave hurriedly or quickly from; decamp from.

AND

eristic

  \e-RIS-tik\ , adjective;

1.
Pertaining to controversy or disputation; controversial.

2.
Of argument for the sole purpose of winning, regardless of the reason.
noun:
1.
Argument for the sole purpose of winning, regardless of the reason.

2.
The art of disputation.

No comments:

Post a Comment