phantasmagoria
\fan-taz-muh-GOR-ee-uh\ , noun;1.
A shifting series or succession of things seen or imagined, as in a dream.
2.
Any constantly changing scene.
Loved playing the game phantasmagoria, a horror game played out with massive amounts of video and one of the first ever computer adventure games that used a live actor as an onscreen avatar.. it was released in 1995 (so I was like... 14) and was a little revolutionary for its time... even if it did come with 8 CDs to be able to fit all the data (yes this was before DVDs kiddies). Reading the wiki on it apparently it was banned in Australia due to its graphic violence.. guess I was lucky to have a copy!!!
AND
bal·der·dash
[bawl-der-dash]–noun
1.
senseless, stupid, or exaggerated talk or writing; nonsense.
Since I seem to have a video game theme going here the second word.. was one of my first ever video games that I used to play on the Commodore 64 back when I was like 5 or 6... yes now I really am showing my age!! LOVED Balderdash.. would love to get a copy of it again.. at least it will no longer be on a cartridge!!
Hmm these could be hard words to work into normal day to day conversation.... 'balderdash'!!
No comments:
Post a Comment