Wednesday, September 22, 2010

30. Visit 5 countries other than the US and Australia (4/5) - Honduras

Earlier this month the hubby and I jumped on a plane and made our way, as fast as we could, out of hot and stinky Houston, to the gorgeously white shore and turquoise bays of Central America - or more specifically Roatan, Honduras - for seven glorious days of diving, lazing on the beach, exploring and just good old recharge, relaxation time!!
We've arrived... and already found the Cerveza Fria (that's cold beer to you know Spanish speakers)

So what was Honduras like? Well, what can I say since all we really ended up doing was a whole heap of scuba diving and drinking (what an oxy-moron!!). Well I guess I could talk about the diving since Roatan lies on the edge of the second largest barrier reef in the world (second only to the Great Barrier Reef in Queensland), the same barrier reef that you dive when in Cozumel and Belize!! However, since a previous post pretty much covered that.... I guess all I have to talk about is lots of drinking, eating and general all around relaxing...
Ahh... Cold Beer, Sunset, Beach, Caribbean... what else do you need?? 

The trip was a wonderful success... and as I think I may of mentioned before, we've finally managed to visit somewhere and feel, by the end of the trip, that we covered more or less everything there is to see (of course, having said that I'd still like to visit mainland Honduras at some point so I guess we're not quite finished).. Our accommodation was excellent, the food was delicious, the diving, nothing more than first class, and the drinks were plentiful.. what more can you ask for on a vacation?? (oooo when did I turn into an American?!?!? with my vacation this, vacation that...)
Just two little fishes... swimming in Roatan

Roatan was a fantastic holiday, but would I recommend it to anyone other than divers... Probably not.. there seriously isn't anything else to do.. unless you like doing nothing more than sticking your toes in the sand with a cocktail in one hand and a book in the other for an entire week... hmmm actually now that I mention it that way I think could be convinced into that.... Occasionally!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment