Sunday, August 1, 2010

91. Read and Review 100 Books (18/100) The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo - Stieg Larsson


'Harriet Vanger, a scion of one of Sweden's wealthiest families disappeared over forty years ago. All these years later, her aged uncle continues to seek the truth. he hires Mikael Blomkvisk, a crusading journalist recently trapped by a libel conviction, to investigate. He is aided by the pierced and tattooed punk prodigy Lisbeth Salander. Together they tap into a vein of iniquity and corruption.'

Slightly disturbing, extremely enthralling, I really did not want to put this book down.. its a bloodthirsty page turner that makes you think and keeps you on the edge until the very last chapter.. twisting this way and that. This book had me so hooked that I seriously found myself on Amazon purchasing the next in the trilogy, The Girl Who Played With Fire, before I'd even gotten half hay through this instalment. I'm not sure what took me so long to finally pick this book up off my bookshelf and give it a go but I'm very glad I did.. looking forward to the next twisted tale. 

2 comments:

  1. Now that you've read it and liked it, I may have to give it a go! I have been resisting reading it but I've discovered myself liking a whole bunch of stuff that I haven't been interested in before so will order it from book depository!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really good Bec, tho at times a little disturbing.. its amazing how many people I see reading it!!

    ReplyDelete