Sunday, November 22, 2009

77. Get married to my wonderful fiance

Just over three weeks ago now, on Sunday 1 November 2009 Paul and I made the ultimate commitment to each other by marrying in the city where we originally met all those years ago! The day, which had been planned around the beautiful swan river, couldn't of gone better and began with the ceremony, which took place at Heathcote Reserve, Applecross in front of 80 of our family and friends.

After arriving promptly at 3pm and having to circle the block for 20 minutes because half our guests hadn't arrived on time, dad and I finally managed to jump out of the car and begin that scary walk down the aisle to my soon to be husband...
The weather on the day was absolutely perfect, and although it was a little windy it actually made for some amazing shots as my veil was continually picked up by the breeze and blown about my head like a halo of tulle.

I had worked very closely with our celebrant, Michelle for months to ensure our civil ceremony seamlessly incorporated traditions from both Catholicism and Judaism without favouring one over the other and I believe we achieved this balance well. Apart from that I can't really say I remember too much of the ceremony... it was all over in a quick blur as I spent most of the ceremony staring off into the distance or at Paul trying so very hard not to cry, especially through our vows which where highly personalised and meaningful to us both. Heaven forbid I should ruin my makeup so early in the day - especially since we still had hours of photos to get through!! But in the end I was very proud of myself as I managed to struggle through, not shedding a tear, saving my makeup! Actually I think Paul pulling faces at me through the ceremony, trying to make me smile probably helped!

Afterwards we breathed a HUGE sigh of relief and headed to the Round House in Fremantle with the bridal party for our professional pictures. Another beautiful location that takes advantage the ocean! Cant wait to see the professional shots!
The reception was held at the Red Herring in East Fremantle and once again seems to have gone by in a bit of a blur... I think by this point I was blissed out and tired - especially after doing the Hora!
It was the most beautiful day of my life and well worth all the pain, stress and emotion I went through during the organising and planning and the best bit is I can now call myself Mrs Bianca Benet... well once I've sorted out all the visa issues I can!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment