Well I thought I'd charge straight into this challenge with what I assumed would be an easy win on the score board - my two new words for the week.. May I just use this time to lament on how difficult it actually is to find decent, usable words in 'word of the day' type websites!! And heaven forbid I decide to find my words through something like urban dictionary.. although it would provide hours of comic relief for Paul I'm not really sure it would actually help me reach my ultimate goal... so after many minutes of sifting through words like crapulous, abercedarian and saturnine I have, decided my two words, fittingly shall be:
malapropism
\mal-uh-PROP-iz-uhm\ , noun:1.
An act or habit of misusing words ridiculously, esp. by the confusion of words that are similar in sound.
2.
An example of such misuse.
AND
flummox
\FLUM-uhks\ , transitive verb:1.
To confuse; to perplex.
as Im sure to be accused of both long before this particular challenge is over :D
No comments:
Post a Comment